Educoot is an environmentally friendly business. It is continually developing new ways to be kind to Earth!
Click below to see some eco-friendly things we do!
These are some ways in which you can help:
- Only print when absolutely necessary. Read documents on-screen to save ink and paper.
- For correspondence, use email instead of postage. It's cheaper too.
- Consider uploading shared documents onto a cloud, giving those involved access to files without having to print them.
- Conserve energy when ever you can!
- Recycle! It's good for the environment and will save you money.
- If possible, have a plant nearby, such as on your desk.
- Develop your own environmentally-friendly policy.
Here is a short environmental video if you want to be inspired!
Some alarming points:
- 1 ream (500 sheets) uses 6% of a tree (and those add up quickly)
- 1 tree makes 16.67 reams of copy paper or 8,333 sheets
- Average employee prints 6 wasted pages per day, that's 1,410 wasted pages per year!
- Production of 1 ton of copy paper uses 11,134 kWh (same amount of energy used by an avg household in 10 months)
- Making one single sheet of copy paper can use over 13oz. of water– more than a typical soda can.
- Production of 1 ton of copy paper produces 19,075 gallons of waste water
- One ton of paper requires the use of 98 tons of various resources.
- Dumping paper in landfill adds methane to the atmosphere as it decomposes, with 20 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide.
- If you were to fill up the tank of your car with Hewlett-Packard or Lexmark ink, it would cost about €100,000
Use energy-saving bulbs: